Here’s an age-old question: what’s for dinner tonight? You might find yourself asking it several times a week – and if not, members of your household are certainly bugging you about it. With this recipe for Chicken Taco Salad, you’ll know exactly how to answer it, though. Made with pre-cooked chicken, shredded cheese, red onion, avocados, tomatoes, and more, each bite of this dish is just as refreshing as the last. Plus, it’s easy to make and even easier to clean-up. Get started with the ingredients and directions below.
For the salad
- 1 large head green leaf or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss all the salad ingredients, except the tortilla chips and chicken, with the dressing. Then, top the salad with the chicken.
- Gently crush the tortilla chips slightly and use to top the salad. Finally, enjoy this recipe for five people!
The Heights at Northwinds Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia